One area we always visit when we are up the coast is Shell Beach. I love the cliffs and beautiful houses.
This next photo is a house I never fail to take a pic of when we pass by. I would love living in this beach house.
The views are so beautiful here. The coast is much more beautiful here in Central California compared to Southern California. The beaches down south are busy, never easy to find parking and thousands of people all the time. Here you can park anywhere (free) and I've just never seen it crowded.
A couple (two men) own that big house in the right of photo on the cliff. They have done a lot of charity work in the area (hope I have my story right) and one passed away. I don't remember if I heard that the other guy is going to keep the house or sell it. They have this amazingly beautiful greenhouse on the front part of the property and as you walk down the road in front it is easy to see it. They also have a windmill on the property made out of stone.
This angle below is walking in front of the house.
a random house down a few houses from the windmill house.
I think these two gulls must be a couple - they were just leisurely talking to each other and enjoying the view.
I've look this bird up and I think it is a Northern Mockingbird. It doesn't have this orange color on the stomach area and in the pic I believe it is just a reflection from the flower. I have this strange compulsion where I have to "know" what bird it is before I post it. It irks me to no end to take a picture of a bird and not be able to identify it.
This next photo is a house I never fail to take a pic of when we pass by. I would love living in this beach house.
The views are so beautiful here. The coast is much more beautiful here in Central California compared to Southern California. The beaches down south are busy, never easy to find parking and thousands of people all the time. Here you can park anywhere (free) and I've just never seen it crowded.
A couple (two men) own that big house in the right of photo on the cliff. They have done a lot of charity work in the area (hope I have my story right) and one passed away. I don't remember if I heard that the other guy is going to keep the house or sell it. They have this amazingly beautiful greenhouse on the front part of the property and as you walk down the road in front it is easy to see it. They also have a windmill on the property made out of stone.
This angle below is walking in front of the house.
a random house down a few houses from the windmill house.
I think these two gulls must be a couple - they were just leisurely talking to each other and enjoying the view.
I've look this bird up and I think it is a Northern Mockingbird. It doesn't have this orange color on the stomach area and in the pic I believe it is just a reflection from the flower. I have this strange compulsion where I have to "know" what bird it is before I post it. It irks me to no end to take a picture of a bird and not be able to identify it.
4 comments:
Beautiful photos...you did it justice, the area and the big house, that is. And, yes, those two seagulls are buddies. They have nothing better to do than gossip about the passing people.
To catch you up, the guy who died willed the estate to his "friend" and in the will was that it would go to the City of san Luis Obispo after his friend's passing. However, somehow the city now has ownership (or will have soon) and probably will decide what charitable functions can be held there and the city will be responsible of the upkeep, paying the taxes, etc. I don't know if the man is still living there or not right now.
The cliffs are lovely. So many pretty views there. So much to see.
Oh the sun...
What a lovely place you have, to walk in there. So nice that not everything is over-run with people, isn't it?
How sad, for the man, who lost his partner. It must be a hard decision. Stay, or sell and go somewhere else?
Tessa~
I adored all your photos and would wish i could live there anywhere in such beautiful houses, all your photos take my breath away Sandy!
Post a Comment