Yesterday we went down the mountain and over to my very favorite town near where I use to live. I often in the past, posted photos of my walks over there. It is a university town, Claremont, Ca. Many times we would take whatever grandkid we were watching over to the park and my favorite memories are taking Jacob for a walk in his stroller while Mike let the other ones play at the local park.
I could choose anything I wanted to do yesterday but for me it was get a little shopping out of the way at Target and then on to Claremont. Here are just a few of photos I took.
If you look close when you walk through leaves, there is always a fallen star that is hiding out amongst the maple leaves. Whenever I see one I know a wish is coming true!
these people have totally redone their front yard - and it is now more drought tolerant landscaping. I really like it. They must have just finished it as the wood looks new and there are no leaves on the rocks.
There have been some movies filmed in Claremont - not sure which ones though.
We are about done with autumn colors in the mountains and actually are expecting snow at the end of the week but it's easy to find autumn still going strong here in Claremont.
To me, the house below is one of the most attractive houses in the area.
It was a good day out and now I've got to get back to the business of being 64 - if I knew what that meant. i think it means being just like i was at 63 which is avoiding work and going out to play.
I could choose anything I wanted to do yesterday but for me it was get a little shopping out of the way at Target and then on to Claremont. Here are just a few of photos I took.
If you look close when you walk through leaves, there is always a fallen star that is hiding out amongst the maple leaves. Whenever I see one I know a wish is coming true!
these people have totally redone their front yard - and it is now more drought tolerant landscaping. I really like it. They must have just finished it as the wood looks new and there are no leaves on the rocks.
There have been some movies filmed in Claremont - not sure which ones though.
We are about done with autumn colors in the mountains and actually are expecting snow at the end of the week but it's easy to find autumn still going strong here in Claremont.
To me, the house below is one of the most attractive houses in the area.
It was a good day out and now I've got to get back to the business of being 64 - if I knew what that meant. i think it means being just like i was at 63 which is avoiding work and going out to play.
5 comments:
Your choice to walk in Claremont was perfect! Love all the gorgeous photos!
So much beauty here. I found out what to do about the Word Verification. In Settings - Comments, you click NO for WV, then go to the top of the page where it says Comment Location and select Embedded. Someone advised me and I did it and I am OK.
So much beauty here. I found out what to do about the Word Verification. In Settings - Comments, you click NO for WV, then go to the top of the page where it says Comment Location and select Embedded. Someone advised me and I did it and I am OK.
thanks Inger I"ll try that! i couldn't figure it out and even though i selected "no" on comment verification it didn't help. I wonder why this all changed.
These photos are gorgeous, Sandy. What a beautiful place to walk.
Post a Comment