Thursday, March 19, 2015

PICK A CARD - ANY CARD



So I had my camera out to take a photo of Jake with his balloons he got for "graduating" from speech therapy class - he was having some trouble pronouncing words and is doing great.

Then Mackenzie calls to me and I look around and she is asking me to take a card as she has a magic trick to perform.  Since I had my camera ready from taking Jake's photo I quickly snapped this of her.

When I saw the photo later I thought the pose looked familiar and then it came to me this morning - the Special K cereal "donut" girl who comes to the woman's front door to tempt her into something sweet.




Here's a few more photos from Mirror Pond.






We had thunder last night and a little rain - but it wasn't enough to make a dent in the news about California.  Evidently we have a year of water left.  That does not sound good at all - ..and yet .... they build and build and seem to never stop on new housing tracts being built - and at exorbitant prices.  Unbelievable!



17 comments:

cat's momma said...

I love that mirror pond! Your banner photo is really nice and I'm glad you posted both pics 'cause I've never seen that commercial!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

hey!!!! where is Jake????????????????

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

does anyone ever question, or address the issue, of building more and more and more big houses????

and you are in CA aren't you? where your governor invites all illegal aliens, to come, come, come.

ahhhhhh, how does that line up, with only 1 more year of water??? for you legal citizens, who have been living there, and paying taxes, for years???

-head desk- -head desk- -head desk-

Inger said...

I love her pose, she must have noticed that girl in the commercial. Or maybe it's just a girl thing. One more year of water!!! Sometimes, it occurs to me to wonder how our well is doing, then I forget about it. We have not had a single snowflake fall and stay on the ground this winter. I think this has never happened before in recorded history for this area. Talk about people, they are widening the 405 freeway, only to get twice as many cars driving on it. You can't win around here.

Gwen Buchanan said...

All the snow fell out here in Eastern Canada.. Historical snowfall that has broken all the records!

Margie said...

Oh, MacKenzie is so cute!
How old is she?
And I see a Golden there in your photos, looks like my Jake .

Great shots!

Wanda said...

That cute little face of MacKenzie could temp me.....How great you were ready with your camera.

Out of Sight L said...

How sweet she is, they all are .....I love all your photos, i hope rain doesn't bring on a new set of problems...You live in such a beautiful place, Heaven please don't allow it to become what everything is becoming crowded, without trees, only condos, it makes me sick, enjoy your beautiful home and I'll pray it remains so

sandy said...

thanks Laura. I've seen that commercial way too much! It use to play all the time.

sandy said...

well Jake was around and i'll have to post his photo with balloons. He talks so much better now but I still think he had a past life in New Joisey.

sandy said...

yes California is where I live - and yes - head desk....head desk, lol. But darn.....it's so beautiful here in so many areas except where it's over populated....desert, mountains, coast...ahhh ...don't think i could live anywhere else. Well - maybe Oregon or Washington or Idaho, New Mexico possibly, Arizona - in the mountains, Montana would be nice and so would wyoming...lol

sandy said...

Yeah I think it's a girl thing Inter. Didn't realize your winter was so mild - but then so was ours at about 5000 feet...we had one snow storm of about 5" around the end of December. that was it. They kept saying we would get snow but it would pass us up and go to Big Bear.

sandy said...

so you got all our snow! .. I actually didn't want much snow but rain would be nice.

sandy said...

Mackenzie will be 8 on June 25. thanks Margie - ...

sandy said...

I'm just about always ready with my camera! Thanks Wanda.

sandy said...

thanks Lorraine - she definitely is sweet. These pics were taken in Bend, Oregon where I would love to live - but probably won't move that far away from where I'm at now.

Connie said...

MacKenzie is so adorable. Mirror Pond looks like a great place to walk.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)