Saturday, December 20, 2014

I ASKED THE BIRD WHO LANDED AND SPENT TIME AT THE WATERING HOLE

What is it - just what are you trying to tell me.

 I listened but the only thing I heard was go find a quote that speaks to me today.   I did.

 I made a little bird bath out of a deep plate and it sits right outside my window and now can sit at the table and enjoy them. 


i have a few pots of bird seed right behind it so they can eat and then jump down for a drink.


 Such a cute face.




Well most of the time ...except when he looks grumpy or sad or...adorable.






 











What a beautiful quote


“You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting –
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.”

Mary Oliver

9 comments:

trav4adventures said...

Oh, what a cutie! I think I need to raise my clay pot bottom that I use as a bird bath and maybe put some other ones around it. I can see the verdins and finches that alight on the feeders right outside my office window, but it would be nice to be able to photograph more birds!
Cheryl Ann

sandy said...

I use my clay pots - big ones - and buy the plastic inserts that you put under the pot - i find them to fit the particular pot and it sits right inside it...(not this one i'm using in the pic) and i have several of them down in the back yard that the birds stop by to drink and also play in the water. I'll post a pic soon of what i'm talking about.

Wanda said...

I can see that little guy loves you and your birdbath. The quote, simple, yet profound.

Lovely post.

sandy said...

thanks Wanda.

Out of Sight L said...

oh how beautiful the little bird and what a gift that quote gives, I'll have to read again thank you so much Sandy

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

That takes my breath away......

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tessa~

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

And your photos are lovely also, of course.

Tessa~

sandy said...

thanks Lorraine - glad you liked it - when I found it all I could do was read it and sit contemplating it a bit.

Tessa - glad you enjoyed it too.

cat's momma said...

Isomehow missed this post! Ken told me how much he liked it so I'm just now checking it out. The bird has personality! But it looks mostly sad or serious or seems to be looking longingly at something when he turns his head. The quote is perfect!

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)