(Photos taken May 1, 2015)
Being in Bend was wonderful. Bend's downtown district is probably three main streets and the more modern part of Bend is like most cities - Walmarts, Targets, etc...all spread out but downtown Bend is where I like to walk. There are several choices for coffee, art galleries the main one being Red Chair Gallery and downtown Bend sits a few blocks back from Mirror Pond, part of Deshutes river.
Here are a few shots of downtown and the part of Mirror Pond that isn't near as pretty as on the other side of the bridge which I've show pics of before. (The houses reflected in the water is why it's called Mirror Pond) I'll probably post them again just because I love the houses so much. Anyway - here is a part of Mirror Pond area I haven't shown before.
I love the colors on the main street in Bend.
These houses sit back and not reflected in Mirror Pond - in front of them is a park and then part of the river.
This house below sits across the street from the pond and the houses above and is closer to town. I like the front porch and could easily sit there in the morning looking over at the river while having my coffee.
Being in Bend was wonderful. Bend's downtown district is probably three main streets and the more modern part of Bend is like most cities - Walmarts, Targets, etc...all spread out but downtown Bend is where I like to walk. There are several choices for coffee, art galleries the main one being Red Chair Gallery and downtown Bend sits a few blocks back from Mirror Pond, part of Deshutes river.
Here are a few shots of downtown and the part of Mirror Pond that isn't near as pretty as on the other side of the bridge which I've show pics of before. (The houses reflected in the water is why it's called Mirror Pond) I'll probably post them again just because I love the houses so much. Anyway - here is a part of Mirror Pond area I haven't shown before.
I love the colors on the main street in Bend.
These houses sit back and not reflected in Mirror Pond - in front of them is a park and then part of the river.
This house below sits across the street from the pond and the houses above and is closer to town. I like the front porch and could easily sit there in the morning looking over at the river while having my coffee.
5 comments:
Colorful downtown...
Seems better, to have the houses separated from the water's edge, by the strip of park. No one has to worry about a toddler 'escaping' and falling in the water.
Tessa
Beautiful! I love the banner too. It just feels good to be in Bend in these areas.
So lovely i would love to live in any of them but I've accepted i'll be in an apt forever, nevertheless the good news is I'll be blogging on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday half the money, twice the fun oh and I love the header whether yours or not ps I'm still on:
http://photographl.blogspot.ca/ wonderful photos Sandy, I'll catch up one day lol
glad to see u will stil be around Lorraine. Good point Tessa but if one doesn't have kids right on the water would be ideal to me.
see u soon laura.
It is a very pretty place. I like the colors of the downtown too.
Post a Comment