Another porch seen in Laverne in 2010. I'm not sure if I got the whole house in a picture - it would have been if we had been across the street passing by this area again and I took a photo from farther away. I love front porches and when I see one like this I have to photograph it.
LaVerne was always a nice place to walk when we lived in our own house of what seems like long ago but only about five and a half years ago. It was about 25 minutes from the house and we often would go west to walk in our favorite little towns, Claremont also being one. I have so many porches I've photographed from walking in Claremont, Upland, Laverne and Pomona.
I'm going to look and see if I have a photo of this house from farther back. There are a lot of porches or decks up here in the mountains but most of them are boring to look at as the style of houses and cabins are so different up here.
What strikes me most is the fact that the porch is painted red, how cool is that? At some point I will post my own front porch back in Alta Loma - my brother in law laid down mexican tile on it and I always loved it.
LaVerne was always a nice place to walk when we lived in our own house of what seems like long ago but only about five and a half years ago. It was about 25 minutes from the house and we often would go west to walk in our favorite little towns, Claremont also being one. I have so many porches I've photographed from walking in Claremont, Upland, Laverne and Pomona.
I'm going to look and see if I have a photo of this house from farther back. There are a lot of porches or decks up here in the mountains but most of them are boring to look at as the style of houses and cabins are so different up here.
What strikes me most is the fact that the porch is painted red, how cool is that? At some point I will post my own front porch back in Alta Loma - my brother in law laid down mexican tile on it and I always loved it.
9 comments:
love front porches!!!!!
and we don't have one. just a front patio, done by my husband. but I love a part of a porch, which can be screened in!!!!! 'skeeters' love me!
Happy 4th of July,
Tessa
Just saw another red porch floor, etc. :-)
Please go over to Dweana's blog and tell her, I sent you. :-)
Tessa
That's the style of house I like best...love the windows there...and a red porch...looks great!
Hi Sandy, so nice to meet you, through Tessa! Thank you for your visit. I love your porch picture here, and yes we both have porches with red floors, but I think this one is a tad better styled and prettier than mine. I can't believe I actually got the handle of the rake or broom in mine!
A happy 4th of July to you,
Dewena
Hi Dewena and thanks for visiting here. Have a great 4th!
thanks Laura. I'll be taking a picture of your front porch when I get there. (or rather the whole little area there around it including in front of your window.
thanks Tessa - i did visit her and I like her blog. Have you posted your front patio - can't remember.
This porch looks so homey and comfortable. My grandma always kept her front porch painted red.
I really need to do something with my porch.
Post a Comment