Not too far from us is an area above town where it is more country mountain. I like to drive here in the fall and do quite a bit during football season when I want to get out of the house but not go very far. I park up beyond this house where you see the pics of the winding road and country scenery. It's nice to walk around there and being the bird lover that I am I can walk along this road which is always quiet and serene (few cars travel it as there is only a handful of houses at the end of it) and enjoy the bird songs.
The house at the bottom of the post is a comical house to me and I always enjoy the fact that they brought in their own plastic palm tree, probably to remind them of the beach or the fact that they live in Southern California but where they live in the mountains there are no palm trees. Anyway I think it's eccentric and cute. And there's another porch to look at. This is definitely "mountain country" scenery and I love it up there. It's about 10 minutes from the house I live in.
You can see the front porch on this house just below - way in the background but it is there.
11 comments:
Lovely area. The palm tree certainly catches the eye! Haha!
There's just something about the palm tree that makes me chuckle every time i pass it by. You can't miss it when u round a curve in the road - just waiting to wave at you.
Looks like a really nice place to walk! That palm tree cracks me up...the is the fakest green I've ever seen! ;)
i love whimsey!
in my old neighborhood... one of my neighbors wants desperately to retire to the tropics.
his wife is younger and still working.
he brought home a palm tree that LIGHTS UP like a christmas tree. he put it in the front yard.
it stayed there all through christmas until spring. she finally forced him to put his palm tree in the back yard!
i missed it. LOLOL.
he told me he used to sit on his porch and have a beer and just look at his palm tree and it made him so happy.
poor guy!
You have so many different areas, close to where you can wander!
Tessa
What a beautiful area! And, to have birds, too! :-)
I think that's a great idea - a lit up palm tree for the yard - I might have to look into that, lol. Hope he got to retire to the tropics.
Hi Tessa - in these mountains where I live we are one of the first mountain towns you come to as you go up the 18. So...we have a whole mountain above us to explore. There are many places to wander that's for sure. Lots of trails for hiking and eclectic mountain neighborhoods where you get a mix of low income to higher income houses - so lots of different looking areas. There are several lakes, Lake Gregory being one of the first ones u come to (which is the one we live near) I definitely like it here but would rather be at the coast which is too pricey for us especially in California.
Hi Cheryl - that area is really pretty for sure. I still some day want to take a day trip to your area and see what Garner Valley and some of the areas you have talked about are like. I like Idylwild - we went there once for a wine and art walk. I lost my pics of that day - had to blow out the computer and lost about 10 months of photos which GREATLY saddened me.
i know!
The first home is in a beautiful setting and the mist is lovely.
The individual who has the palm tree would surely be an interesting character to know! He or she must be full of self-confidence!
Post a Comment