I have SO many front porches I took in Bend, but I think I'll post this series. It shows (to me anyway) the small town feel of a neighborhood near the elementary school where all the kids ride their bikes home from school and one house even has a rope swing near the sidewalk in front of their house. I can't imagine anybody doing this in California out of fear of being sued if a kid got hurt on it. I really loved that they did this and my grandkids every day I would pick them up from school would use this rope for a few minutes.
I really loved the neighborhoods in NorthWest Crossing in Bend.
This whole area reminds me of my childhood, walking to Catholic school every day, walking up to town at lunch time to get hot dogs grilled and then put on a hamburger bun (we have been making them this way for the last couple years)..there's something special to me about hot dogs in the wrong bun. But I'm left handed that might be why.
After school we would walk home and if neighbors were out I'm sure they waved at us and thought we were cute, lol..... well I do with the kids in Bend walking home from school. I have lots more memories but they will come with other posts and photos.
Here is just a few in a series that I would take every day walking home from school with the kids when I was up visiting, both in March and May of this year.
I really loved the neighborhoods in NorthWest Crossing in Bend.
This whole area reminds me of my childhood, walking to Catholic school every day, walking up to town at lunch time to get hot dogs grilled and then put on a hamburger bun (we have been making them this way for the last couple years)..there's something special to me about hot dogs in the wrong bun. But I'm left handed that might be why.
After school we would walk home and if neighbors were out I'm sure they waved at us and thought we were cute, lol..... well I do with the kids in Bend walking home from school. I have lots more memories but they will come with other posts and photos.
Here is just a few in a series that I would take every day walking home from school with the kids when I was up visiting, both in March and May of this year.
7 comments:
-happy sigh- Wonderful! That your 'grands' can live in such an area! (This is your 'grand's' area, yes?)
And wonderful that their parents live in such too.
They must be somehow individual special neighborhoods. Where these things are planned for. And laid out for. Don't think this is done in any regular towns or cities, any more. Just special places, with special rules and etc.
Tessa
Idyllic surroundings for kids and I would love to live there, too, sometimes when I see pictures like this.
Of course grilled hotdogs are much better on hamburger buns! I like them best that way. (and I'm right-handed.) lol
Don't forget we wore those jumper-type uniforms and were they called oxford shoes? What wonderful memories we have from that "To Kill a Mockingbird" type of small town neighborhood we grew up in with stores, restaurants, a bowling alley, corner drug store with the fountain to sit at and get shakes and fries at, a great family-owned bakery...all within walking distance on that one main street!
I love living in the country but we have missed out on that neighborhood experience with sidewalks and visiting and porch sitting. These photographs capture the charm of that so well.
oh yes the uniforms...and that movie! Can't believe she's written another book about Atticus. I can't remember what the bowling alley looked like. Oh...to go back as a kid...
From the photos I love where you live. I haven't lived in a neighborhood like the one above or that i grew up in, ....since I was a kid.. I do prefer lots of space for the most part - but what a treat to experience neighborhoods like this and see my grandkids in such a nice place.
yes this is where Mackenzie and Jacob live - my third son's kids.
Aw, they look like they are having so much fun. Isn't it funny how neighborhoods have their own "personality" different from others? :)
Post a Comment