(Banner photo was recently shot by Aaron - with the "Lake" fire we had a few weeks back that burned thousands of acres in the background of the photo.)
On Dec 7, 2014 (my birthday) - a present I gave to myself was a trip to Claremont to walk through the fall leaves. Fall comes late to this area as we have indian summer that lasts quite awhile. I use to always go to Claremont but since moving to the mountains a trip there is rare. I forget where we ate afterwards but probably somewhere around there. It was a nice birthday Day.
I plan on doing it again this year come December when the colors will be beautiful through the area.
Another wraparound porch on a corner - so I got good views of it. Claremont is a University town - lots of eclectic shops, art and music shops and some good restaurants. One of our favorites is Hero's. We don't go there but seldom now - it's quite pricey and way too much food comes on a plate. I use to like Long Islands and they had the best ones around - but rarely have that anymore. Started questioning why I would spend 10 bucks for a drink that probably cost them 2 dollars to make. I eat and drink smarter now, lol.... only happy hour appetizers if we are out and no more than a 5 dollar margarita- that's living it up to me.
On Dec 7, 2014 (my birthday) - a present I gave to myself was a trip to Claremont to walk through the fall leaves. Fall comes late to this area as we have indian summer that lasts quite awhile. I use to always go to Claremont but since moving to the mountains a trip there is rare. I forget where we ate afterwards but probably somewhere around there. It was a nice birthday Day.
I plan on doing it again this year come December when the colors will be beautiful through the area.
Another wraparound porch on a corner - so I got good views of it. Claremont is a University town - lots of eclectic shops, art and music shops and some good restaurants. One of our favorites is Hero's. We don't go there but seldom now - it's quite pricey and way too much food comes on a plate. I use to like Long Islands and they had the best ones around - but rarely have that anymore. Started questioning why I would spend 10 bucks for a drink that probably cost them 2 dollars to make. I eat and drink smarter now, lol.... only happy hour appetizers if we are out and no more than a 5 dollar margarita- that's living it up to me.
10 comments:
I love that house! I love Claremont neighborhoods too!
That banner is gorgeous! The sky looks almost unreal and the fire adds a lot to the picture. It looks so peaceful in the foreground and the sky so beautiful, and then the fire adds so much drama!
oh my! that fire photo! beautiful and scary, at the same time.
and another of your super places to walk. :-)
It's sickening to think of all those beautiful acres burning. Has it always been this way or is it just covered better by the media now?
Another porch with so much character! And I do love their walk to it.
Laura - you and I when u visit - need to go walk through Claremont again and go to heroes and split a meal and a long island, lol. I plan on going back in December -. Today we were in REdlands and I plan on going back there in the fall too. I can't believe how much closer we live to Redlands now than we did - it's just down the mountain and then just down the 210 by a few miles. We had three hours to kill while Hunter was at Splash Kingdom so we walked through some beautiful neighborhoods.
That fire burned a huge amount of acres. It didn't actually get into the town of Big Bear or even near the lake - but it was close enough to have them worried about evacuation. We love to go to Big Bear - it's a beautiufl drive from our house - about 40 minutes up he mountain. I would have been sad if it had burned - it did back in 2003 and 2007...some areas.
Hi Dewena - it has always been this way - certain years are worse than others. We have had several fires in the last decade that were pretty bad - ...and of course before that also. The drought conditions combined with Santa Ana winds is a deadly combination. Our firefighters are incredibly dediicated and work so hard under bad conditions sometimes
I love your new banner photo. And of course the other photos on this post. Always a pleasure to check your posts.
I like the blue flower pots and the red Santas in those pictures. The colors really stand out. Neat-looking porch and pretty fall leaves too.
I agree with the others about your header photo too--there is a lot going on there with the peaceful foreground and sky and then the encroaching fire in the background.
thanks Lux .
I love Aaron's pic too - he's a good photographer! It is a really peaceful foreground.
Post a Comment