Wednesday, July 29, 2015

OCTOBER 13, 2012 -DAILY FRONT PORCH CLAREMONT AND SAME DAY MORMON ROCKS

First off - to fulfill my daily porch post - I was going through a folder dated 10/13/2012 when we lived in Wrightwood, Ca (another mountain town about 35 to 40 minutes away from where we are now).   Wrightwood is a really beautiful place but for me the drawback was not a lot of things to do there without having to leave the mountain and go through the high desert to shop.  I do like deserts - especially the part of the desert near Mormon Rocks (which was created by movement of the San Andreas Fault and which we lived on Lark St which sits right on top of the fault (scary)....but some of the desert areas we would have to drive through were so dry and ....not appealing.

Anyway we hiked at the rocks (photos below) and then took our grandson home and visited Claremont  where I took these photos which I forgot about so i figured why not post them for front porch post.



This house i always take photos of below because of the garden that is to the right - I love walking by and checking out what's growing.  They always decorate their house for halloween.










Here are some photos of Mormon rocks - which is actually a really pretty hike with great views when you get to the top.  It's nice for me to see these photos again - when we lived in Wrightwood I was limited on how much I could post due to internet plan so a lot of my photos just sat in folders never getting posted.








In the fall I plan another trip to Wrightwood and some other areas that are too hot to the summer to walk or hike in.  

12 comments:

cat's momma said...

Your front porch house of the day is so cool! And the neighborhood too. I really liked getting to see photos you've never posted before from the Mormon Rocks area. That was really interesting to see.

cat's momma said...

Your front porch house of the day is so cool! And the neighborhood too. I really liked getting to see photos you've never posted before from the Mormon Rocks area. That was really interesting to see.

Kailani said...

Very pretty porches. Are you talking the Claremont right next to Montclair, or a different high desert/mtn. area?

Dewena said...

I love that first house! Is it an American Four Square? It looks so dignified.

I have never been in a desert area but it is so humid here today that dry desert air might be welcome!

sandy said...

Yes Claremont near Montclair - we use to live in Alta Loma until 2012 - then moved to Wrightwood and lived there for awhile and the desert photos are up by Mormon rocks going up the 15. Are u familiar with the area?

sandy said...

Agreed - love that house also. I know a lot of the country is hot right now - there have been a lot of flash floods today over in the high desert area. We didn't rain today but maybe tomorrow.

sandy said...

thanks L. I have so many photos from those years i didn't post well - from all years since i've started blogging really.

tammy j said...

right over a fault! indeed scary. we are having constant little earthquakes here now. even more than california they say. "they!" LOL.
our last one was 4.5 the other day. my chair moved! and yet they keep fracking here and saying it doesn't cause any problems. ? oh well.
your little grandson steals the show for me in these pictures. he's darling.
i love your photography. and your wonderful memories. like painting ... only with a camera.

Connie said...

Neat photos, Sandy. I have never been to the desert. I think I like having green things around too much to like being there. I might like to visit it, but I wouldn't want to live there.

sandy said...

Thanks Tammy -...i had heard about a lot of quakes where there is fracking going on. Can't figure out why it is allowed. And 4.5 is a good size one.

sandy said...

thanks Daisy - the desert is pretty at times - high desert mostly, more than low desert - and in the winter when it's blooming can be beautiful. I'll post some pics from Joshua Tree National Park some day - that is high desert. You're right - it takes a certain type of person to want to live there full time. My dad was one of them - he loved the desert. I have a little bit of that in me - but not enough to move to one. That was the drawback about Wrightwood - beautiful mountains but too close to the high desert.

Rue said...

That house is beautiful.

It's amazing to me that I lived in three parts of California and I still don't know all the towns. The Mormon Rocks are really neat looking.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)