It was a beautiful fall day here in Southern California - except it was HOT. We are always hot in October and into November but at least the nights cool down. It was October 20, 2009 (or so I think - i do remember it being hot) and my sister was visiting with her granddaughter Hannah. We took them to Claremont and let three cousins play together at the "Village Park" and while they were playing and being supervised by their grandpa - we took a walk through some of the streets - later ending up having lunch at the Village Grill with all three kids. One of the kids had a meltdown and that's why I remember the day. It got a little noisy but eventually all was well and good.
I like this front porch we walked by. I always wanted a wrap around porch but other than this deck I have on the back of the house here that wraps around one corner and goes to the front deck - that's about it for wraparounds - and the deck where I live now isn't what I envisioned when thinking of a wrap around porch. But THIS porch certainly is.
I like this front porch we walked by. I always wanted a wrap around porch but other than this deck I have on the back of the house here that wraps around one corner and goes to the front deck - that's about it for wraparounds - and the deck where I live now isn't what I envisioned when thinking of a wrap around porch. But THIS porch certainly is.



9 comments:
Hahaha...now this is funny...I was just thinking of that meltdown by one of those kids...hahaha...yesterday for some reason. It just popped into my mind. It is so unlike that child now that it's hard to believe that happened not only that day but often!
I love these photos! Another house I would definitely like to live in!
Ohyes, an old fashioned wrap around porch.
My husband remembers his Great Aunt's stories of her childhood. They had such a porch, and the children used to even roller skate on it. ,-)
Tessa
I know Laura - can't imagine her doing it now . Tessa - we use to get to roller skate in the basement in the winter or during a tornado watch when we would be down there. What memories!
I don't know why, but your photos here aren't showing up for me. I love wrap-around porches, though, and always thought it would be neat to have one.
ahh Virginia - somewhere I always wanted to see.
I wonder what's wrong - it is just my blog?
YEAh i found the problem. You should be able to see them now. I had changed a setting up in my web albums and I marked this particular folder (as I do all my photos in my web albums) to "Only Me" - not realizing it would effect the photos i had posted on this blog.
Yes! I can see them now. What a neat porch. I would love to have one like that.
glad u can see them. I won't make that mistake again!
Post a Comment