Monday, July 27, 2015

DAILY FRONT PORCH - WRIGHTWOOD, CA

This house was on the same road we lived on, when we lived in the previous mountain town of Wrightwood.  I use to imagine that his house would suit my sister and her husband just fine - always wishing they would move to the mountains but knowing they wouldn't leave the coast or their daughter and granddaughter up in the central coast.  But - to me - this is a perfect house for my sister.  I love the deck and the surrounding nature.  Wrightwood was a great area to walk and photograph nature - but still....there wasn't enough nature around for me - I needed more and we moved to Crestline which allowed us to easily access all the other mountain towns around us.

I still love this house whenever I see a photo of it.

We had a great visit up at the coast with my sis and family - I did take a lot of photos but haven't been that much in the mood to blog - I'll ease back into it no doubt.


14 comments:

cat's momma said...

I REALLY like that house! It looks so peaceful and comfortable!

cat's momma said...

I REALLY like that house! It looks so peaceful and comfortable!

tammy j said...

what a little jewel! and i love the red!
and don't worry about easing back into it. take all the time you need.
now that i've found you... i'm definitely going to be hanging around! xo

sandy said...

i would have liked it for myself also.

sandy said...

thanks Tammy! And I you - love your blog.

Kailani said...

Looks so cute, nestled in like that. :)

sandy said...

I think so too! Would love to have that place. thanks for your visit.

Lux G. said...

It's a lovely house. Like in the movies. :)

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Can't have both... Mountains and coast....

You both can visit each other... Seems like the b est of solutions. :-)

Connie said...

That is a lovely house. I wish my house was surrounded by more nature. Maybe our next place will be in three more years when my husband retires.

sandy said...

Oh retirement is looming for you - great! You will LOVE it I'm sure.

sandy said...

so true! But then there is Ragged Point - Big Sur - ocean and mountains together - a place I could love. A cost that prohibits it!

sandy said...

thanks Lux! I agree.

Unknown said...

absolutely gorgeous my comment for the most recent didn't seem to go through or else it went through e times either way love those finds you discover, it's amazing

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)