Cedar Glen is a little community that is part of Lake Arrowhead. It is interesting to drive through these small streets and small neighborhood - all the houses are really quaint and cute and it takes a lot of dollars to buy in this area. We love to go to Cedar Glen for their famous Cedar Glen Malt Shop and there are some nice antique stores. The only grocery store serving this area is a local Jensens.
I came across the mention of Dean Martin this morning so I went Youtubing. I enjoyed hearing his voice again and watching this video.
Time to get back into the routine of walking - must do that today.
18 comments:
I would love to visit this neighborhood! And I really wish I could dance like the lady in the video!
Love the video! Have I been to Cedar Glen?
Oh Cedar Glen is lovely. What a cute house. My dearest is watching TV so I'll come back and listen and watch the video.
Adorable...
Tooo damn hot here, to walk..... Toooo hot to be out of house and A/C.... Bahhhhhhh.... But I address this issue (heat), in my post of tomorrow (Wed.).
And what you "s_ o _ _ed", when younger... -grin- I never did, as I was married with children by that time.<---Proper! -grin- And the older I get, the more I wish I could try.
Yes, I have become a wilder, with every passing year! LOL... Won't be able to hold-me-down, by the time I am 90! LOL!!!
Tessa
Very nice! Haven't been up the mountain in over a decade. Need to do that, maybe in the fall. :)
Gosh... I haven't been in Arrowhead for years, but it is lovely :)
Love that song!
Good God i HAD totally forgotten about Dean Martin and yet what a voice, love the house of course, love the surprise finds just as much atta girl
That's a pretty house. I enjoyed the Dean Martin video too. I haven't thought about him for a while.
this was an absolute gift.
I've always loved dean martin. but to have him accompanied with such a gorgeous sensuous vision of dancing in an elegant abandoned room . . . such total ambience!
perfect!
thank you sandy.
He Dewea - the neighborhood is so cute - and built on a little hill above Lake Arrowhead. I always look forward to driving over there.
No you haven't but when you come to town we will drive so you can see.
Hi Wanda - thanks for the comment.
lol - ....yeah those younger days were fun! It would be fun to watch a wild 90 year old.
Wow that's a long time - you would be surprised at how good the mountains look in this drought. Well where I live anyway and on up to Lake Arrowhead. Running springs looks good right in town but on the way up it looks pretty dry. Fall is the perfect time when the leaves are changing up here.
It's still beautiful, Rue.
thanks Lorraine - i love surprises too.
I just learned through Lorraine, that Marguerite means Daisy in French - ...did you know that? Love learning new things.
I agree - the dancing went so well with his song. Oh...would love to have some of the old shows back - Carol Burnett, Ed Sullivan - all the variety shows and of course the Rat Pack.
Post a Comment