Monday, July 13, 2015

DAILY FRONT PORCH (OR DECK) MOUNTAINS WHERE I LIVE

A street we sometimes take to go to the top of town has a lot of cute little cabins.  It's a narrow road and when people park off the road but still near the street it's sometimes scary to maneuver the curves in the road.  I prefer a different route to the top of town but this is the fastest one.  There are only a few cabins/houses I like on this road and this is one of them.

(The banner photo is by Marijana Grisnik)  She is  locally well known for her portrayals of neighborhoods in Strawberry Hill a Croatian neighborhood in Kansas City.   I discovered her art about a year ago and love it).

I hope this posts - i think I'm having an issue with images.




Wanted to post this photo I took last winter - I love it and have titled it

Nine Pelicans and a Coot.




I am so looking forward to Fall and Winter.  The rumor is we are going to have a huge amount of rain due to El Nino - keeping my fingers crossed.


8 comments:

Connie said...

That is a neat banner. Love your photos too! (I can see them now. I don't know what was wrong before.) I like the colors in the house. The pelicans and coot made me smile. :)

sandy said...

Thanks Daisy - wondering if you still get out and walk a lot like u use to - and i assume u might be working again since you moved quite awhile ago. I'm so nosey! , lol

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

What a great example of 'primitive' painting, I think it is. Real life... Small town... Ordinary people... And style not 'fancied-up.' Hehhhh, how is that for trying to sound as if I know of what I speak????? ,-)

Mmmm, Grandma Moses would be a primitive painter. I see this, in this painting too.

There, did I do better, that time? -grin-

Tessa

cat's momma said...

There is always an old coot hanging around somewhere! ;)
I recognized the banner's artist from your discovery last year. I really like that.
That house looks like it would be a comfortable house.

Annie said...

I'm with you, Sandra. Totally hoping El Nino doesn't disappoint this winte.

sandy said...

thanks everyone.

tammy j said...

i have my cup of coffee.
now i'm going to linger through these posts and enjoy.
even the ones i've seen before. i need to walk there.
and yes.
i'm waiting for autumn. my favorite season of all. and winter. the bare boned beauty of it. xo

sandy said...

Hi Tammy - I discovered that for photo taking i love winter - the leaves are off the trees (except the pine and other evergreens) and I can see so much more of some one's property - i love seeing the surrounding landscape around a house, whether it's perfectly manicured or growing wild - a drought tolerant yard, etc. In summer too many darn leaves that obscure my view! I use to love summer - not so much anymore - although this week reminds me of why i want to be in the mountains, cool breeze in the morning - cool while sleeping at night and not too hot during the day hanging around high 70's low 80's.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)